Re: corruption during power loss

Huh, that's weird.  I used RH more than a little -- my home system had RH
(5.2 and 6.0) over a year before it was graced with Debian, and I've used
RH 6.1 and 6.2 at work.  Though there are bookoos of things I like better
about Debian, I never had the problem you described below.

I had the power go out on the system at least once with the 6.1 and 6.2
versions, and 5-10 times with the older versions.  (The power supply at
work is whack, and back then I used to enjoy trying to screw up my system
somewhy ;)  In every single case, fsck fixed the problems on reboot,
just like on debian.

Objections: 1) My statistics aren't superb.  Especially on recent distros,
which Mike is probably talking about.  2) I've not dealt with Mandrake.

Aaron