Re: network printer problems

Sometimes, printers give the code that they are off-line (ran out of ink, someone
physically took it off line), or the "I'm OK and ready to do your bidding, master"
signal doesn't get recieved, so lpd thinks that the printer isn't working.  You
should be able to see this with lpc status, and a quick way to fix it is with lpc up
all.