Re: fsplit

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Jeff Woodford wrote:

> Hi all,
> Would anyone happen to know in which package I can find the fsplit
> (Fortran split) utility?
>
> Thanks,
> -Jeff Woodford

if you already have it installed, you can find it this way:
dpkg -S /usr/bin/filename

or you can try looking it up on the website (although this does put some
load on the cgi.debian.org).

At the end of http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages (or a mirror there
of) it says: Search the content of the Latest Release. There you can
search for a file by name(part) (with/without path).

I just did this for you and this is what it came up with (it doesn't
look to helpfull to me, I hope it's more usefull to you):

  FILE                                                       PACKAGE

usr/bin/tiffsplit                                      graphics/libtiff-tools

usr/share/doc/scansort/fsplit.txt                      graphics/scansort

usr/share/man/man1/tiffsplit.1.gz                      graphics/libtiff-tools