Re: IPX Scanning Tool

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 02:15:10PM -0400, Dan Hutchinson wrote:
> Hello Debian User's,
>  I am looking for a sniffer tool to determine valnerablity for Novell
> IPX/SPX protocol?  I have looked on freshmet.net and found GnuSniff,
> The Wisp, and tipxd(for tunnelling).  These look like they are in Alpha
> stage.  Does anyone know of other applications???
>
> Much appreciated
> Dan Hutchinson

First of all you must decide if you are lookin' for scanner or sniffer.
But I guess that it will be scanner (as you wrote "to determine vulnerability")
not sniffer (which collects all data from network, checks if all IP
packets can find their destination- in short, analyzes all network protocols).
So if you are interested in vulnerability of your system check these scanners:
COPS, ISS, SAINT, SATAN, nmap, CGI scanner, jakal, portscan. But if wanna
know if your network is reliable check these sniffers: Ksniffer, IPtraf,
Ethereal, ANM, APS and sniffit.
But I can't tell which one is supporting IPX/SPX protocol ('cause I don't know).

QBA