Re: hibernation on a desktop? Suspend-to-RAM on a desktop?

Hm, not convinced, man page doesn't help, runs nice though,
think I'll keep it. Is there anything like this for spinning
down the cpu fan? (Like an "apm --standby" that runs whenever the
system is idle, or does that make sense? I tried the "doze"
feature in my bios but this seems to try to put the machine
to sleep regardless of what it's doing: it interrupts those
tasks briefly and then fails.) What I'm looking for is
basically a screensaver that saves not the screen but my ears
and power bill. Noflushd is a good start. -chris