Re: /etc/rc?.d question

According to Christian Pernegger:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:19:23PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> > There is a README in /etc/init.d for a reason, you know ..
>
> I fully understand that you as the Grand Master of the Debian init system
> might be annoyed by such a question, but why reply, then?

I am not the Grand Master of the Debian init system. I didn't invent it.
It existed before I became a Debian maintainer. But I did my best to
improve and document it.

> That said, I usually appreciate RTFM pointers - in this case however I have
> read the FM in question. (policy manual, sec 3.3)

Yes but the README _also_ says:

Some more detailed info can also be found in /usr/share/doc/sysvinit

.. and in that directory we find:

% cd /usr/share/doc/sysvinit
% ls
README.runlevels.gz  changelog.gz  copyright  examples/

README.runlevels.gz will answer all your questions

Mike.
--
Deadlock, n.:
	Deceased rastaman.