Re: Warning: /dev/sda is not on the first disk

It could be that the BIOS "reconfigured" itself to see the IDE disk.  I
have an old Micron that has an IDE and SCSI, and at one point I
"disabled" the IDE hard disk in the system BIOS, so it didn't get
scanned/seen at boot and the system went to the SCSI device as the
primary drive.  The disk was seen OK under Linux, because it has drivers
that probe the IDE bus (that don't use the BIOS).