getting exmh to display text as default on rude mime messages

I keep dinking around wiht options, but haven't found a way to work.

There seems to be no solution to the rude and clueless who send mime
messages with html.  Unfortunately, exmh insists on defaulting to the
html rather than the plain text.  I see different ways to display/not
display things, but none to set the default types.

I thought there were priority settings somewhere in /etc, but I can't
find any (I'd rather solve ithtere, as I get the same problem at the
command line.  If a mime message has text, it should just plain be
displayed, rather than requiring a few keystrokes and popping windows .
. .)

has anyone solved this?

hawk