Re: Problem installing Oracle 8i

James,

if you are installing 8.1.5 I think that install manual explicity says that you have to install
exactly JRE 1.1.7 (or 1.1.6 I couldn't remember) and also a symlink from  ORACLE_HOME/bin/jre
---> /usr/local/jre/bin/jre

then be sure to install patch for 8.1.5

if you are installing 8.1.6, oracle installs JRE 1.1.7 on /home/oracle/jre and isn't necessary to
have it installed under /usr/local/

hope it helps !!