Debian or Stormix

I currently use FreeBSD 4.1.  I have played with RH, MD,
SuSE, and Caldera in the past.  I like learning new things
and thought that I would like to try Debian.

As I understand it, Stormix is based on Debian.
Other than different "system installers" and Stormix
has a "graphical" boot screen, are there any other
differences?  Stormix Deluxe comes with some "users"
documentation books where as Debian does not.  I'd like
to learn Debian.  I've heard a lot of good things on
Debian's stability, dselect, dpkg, and apt-get, etc.
If Stormix and Debian are the same I would be willing
to pay the extra for Stormix Deluxe just to get the
documentation books that come with it.

Any comments?  Please no flame wars.  There is enough
flame wars about the stupidest things already.

--
---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA