It Must be the Matrox G400

I did a reinstall. The first time I installed potato, the mouse was
all fd up, it sticks to the bottom of the screen and refuses to
com up. I can see the tip of the pointer on the bottom edge of the
screen. When that happened, I ran XF86Setup and changed
a couple settings on the mouse and I think the meer using XF86Setup
set the mouse right. Honestly I don't think it matttered what I
picked in XF86Setup, as long as I was not too far off based.

Now I'm a bit frustrated because XF86Setup won't even come up.
I can manipulate the window menu system with key combinations
from the keyboard, but when I choose XF86Setup, the hard drive grinds
a little bit and then nothing. I started XF86Setup from the command line
and I get "X11TransSocket UNIX Conect:can't connect: errno=111"

and I get the message "unable to communicate with X server"

I'm using the svga X Server for my card.

The other really frustrating thing is when I bring up windows in XWindows,
the
top 1/4 to 1/3 of the window is above the top of my screen.

I have not found anything to remedy this.

Again, on the first install, I was able to run XF86Setup and it fixed this
crap. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul