gnapster problems

When I try to use gnapster, I get a message: disconnected. When I select
connect to official server or last server there's some network activity,
but then it shows disconnected. Is there a problem with napster? More
legal problems? or is it my system?
Here's what I've changed since the last time it worked..
changed sources.list in apt to woody and did the apt-get update, apt-get
upgrade. I'm runnin Helix gnome and after the upgrade I had gdm(gnome
display manager) for login. When I removed gdm, the system removed gdm
*and* helix-core.. don't know if this is the problem or not.
I also wonder if it is some sort of security issue, but licq and
gnomeicu are both working fine. Any suggestions?
thanks

dale