Re: XF68_FBDev

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 10:20:10PM -0700, Parrish M Myers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got matroxfb working correctly and noticed that there is a frame
> buffer console x server called XF68_FBDev.  Has anyone used this in
> Debian?  If so are there any screenshots that show what it looks like?
> I am very interested to see what it can do.

For the matrox, you probably don't want to use it: you'll lose your
acceleration for no real gain.  It's very useful for certain unsupported
video cards that are VESA2 compliant: they can use a the VESA
framebuffer and get X running without resorting to atrocities like
640x480x16.

It looks like, well, X.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting