Re: Wierd messages during bootup...

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 12:51:52PM -0700, Daly Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi again, everyone.
>
> I forgot to mention that after compiling my new kernel, I now get many
> modules-related error messages.  If I remember correctly, I did the
> following:
>
> make mrproper (cleaned everything right out)
> make xconfig
> make dep
> make clean (don't know if this was really necessary, since I'd done
> 'make mrproper')
> make bzImage (didn't notice any errors, I don't think)
> make modules
> make modules_install
> copied bzImage to the boot directory (renamed) and ran 'lilo'
> rebooted

Look into kernel-package.

> I saw a whole screen-full of "*** Unresolved symbols in
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/<module name.o>"

I believe this has to do with not mv'ing your /lib/modules.xxxx to
/lib/modules.xxxx.old before make modules (make modules_install?).

--
keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca (Stephen) TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
    [sed 's/NO@SPAM./@/g']               Contract programmer, server bum.