no telnet in x

Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange problem.  I am unable to telnet from X into
my home computer.  However, what is weird is that I can telnet into home
from the console.  Also, I can use rlogin from X, and everything works
fine.  Further, another user can telnet into my home computer, with no
problem, which tells me that my home computer is not refusing login's.
I really have no idea whether the problem is with my work computer or
with my home computer.  If anyone has some idea as to what the problem
is, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.
jake