Re: configuring sendmail

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:52:15PM -0400, Michael Soulier wrote:

> 	Hey guys. Under RedHat, I just added the smarthost feature, and
> the masquerade envelope, and I could tell sendmail to use mail.storm.ca as
> my relay. I've tried doing that with Debian, but I'm getting "user
> unknown" errors back from mail.storm.ca, which isn't true. It also looks
> like the masquerade isn't working. The mail looks like it came from
> localhost.localdomain.

On Debian, mail goes through your mua, to sendmail, and the other way,
it goes sendmail, fetchmail, procmail.  Here's the Received headers I
get from my ISP:

 (with Cubic Circle's cucipop (v1.31 1998/05/13) Wed Sep  6 19:25:30 2000)

> "To listen to the words of the learned, and to instill into others the
> lessons of science, is better than religious exercises."
> 		-- Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

"Smile, and we smile
  Lords of many lands.
 Frown, and we smile,
  Lords of our own hands.
 For man is man
  And master of his fate."
         -- Tennyson

I generally eschew spirituality (not to mention prophets of all
flavours) and think others should too, but that quote of yours above
is one of the few things I've heard from one of them in years that's
the least bit laudable.

--
keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca (Stephen) TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
    [sed 's/NO@SPAM./@/g']               Contract programmer, server bum.