Re: Debian problem

I had a similar problem with Debian 2.1 on an IBM PC 350 /w a 166 mhz
processor.  It had know special cards.  I found that Debian 2.2 would work
on it because it uses the 2.2 kernel and that particular computer has a
bug which the 2.2 kernel recognised.  Try downloading on your FreeBSD
machine a boot floppy for Debian 2.2 and see if that solves the problem.

John Kerr Anderson
jkanders@alpha.delta.edu
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2