Re: Firewall woes...

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 12:05:31PM -0500, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> I am setting up a packet-filter firewall and everything seems to be
> going fine except for one thing:  ftp uploads are ridiculously slow (1

Not sure why the -l switch will make any difference, but..

Check the IPCHAINS-HOWTO.

In your output chain, add the following (again check the HOWTO for
correct parameter, I'm doing this from memory)

/sbin/ipchains -A output -p tcp --dport ftp -t 0x01 0x10 -j ACCEPT

The -t option lets you set priority of the pacakge.

Do the same for ftp-data.

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes