Re: Not able to mount /cdrom.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 10:58:38AM +0000, Vicente Ferrando Berenguer wrote:
> 	Hello list,
>
> 	I'm not able to mount /cdrom any more. I get the error ?Too many levels
> of symbolic links?. This is my entry on fstab for the cdrom ?/dev/scd0
>    /cdrom		iso9660	defaults,ro,user,noauto?.
>
> 	Does someone know where the problem could be?

that error typically happens when you have a symlink pointing to
itself (LinuxPPC usually does this in the default install, /dev/cdrom
-> /dev/cdrom)  check to see what ls -l /dev/sdc0 is.

are you sure you don't have fstab pointing at /dev/cdrom which is a
symlink to /dev/cdrom?

BTW your mailer is broken.

--
Ethan Benson