Re: Installing potato on a reiserfs

David wrote:
>Does anyone know if the kernel on potato has been patched to support
>reiserfs?   but the real question is how do I make my own bootable debian
>installs if they don't, and/or I have a new kernel driver I want to be
>able to install?

The default kernels (and also those on potato therefor) do not
contain the reiserfs patches... you cen see this by looking for the reiser
files in fs/reiserfs or looking for the reiserfs configuration items in
'make menuconfig or xconfig'

There are 2 ways of getting debian on reiserfs... either create your own
boot/root floppies, with the added tools mkreiserfs and a kernel with
reiserfs support, or by installing it on another drive first, then
creating a kernel with reiser, creating the new partitions and copying all
files over to the new partitions... (use tar or cpio)

There might even be some reiser bootfloppies floating around the internet
scan google for them... baybe you're lucky.

Mark Janssen                                  Unix Consultant
Unix Support Nederland / PSInet Netherlands
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net www.markjanssen.nl www.maniac.nl
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 20 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode