Re: david the gnome - with yet another non-Debian question?

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 02:08:43PM -0500, Debian Ghost wrote:

> D Ghost here. Have a quickie.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is becoming *very* irritating.

> How can I tell if I installed gnome or helix gnome?
> I can not remember which I installed.

What does dpkg -l | grep gnome say?  If you go to the gnome site and
and compare version numbers, would that explain anything?

And please do, as this has nothing to do with Debian!  Why aren't all
these non-Debian specific questions filling my mailbox sent to where
they ought to be sent?  Why is debian-user full of Netscape bookmarks
questions, and generic hardware questions, and generic load balancing
questions (though that one was at least interesting)?

I get close to 200 mails from debian-user *every* *day*, and precious
few of them have anything to do with Debian.  Why?

--
keelingNO@SPAM.spots.ab.ca (Stephen) TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
    [sed 's/NO@SPAM./@/g']               Contract programmer, server bum.