Re: Configuring the modem

Richard writes:
> I've run the pppconfig script.

What version of pppconfig?  Type 'pppconfig --version' to find out.

> I had to leave the IP's blank because I don't have static IP's.

Do you mean the namservers (dns)?  Do you mean that your ISP uses "dynamic
dns"?  The current version of pppconfig handles this.  Just select
'Dynamic' in the "Configure Nameservers" menu.  If you mean "dynamic ip's",
that's the usual kind.

> When I type the "pon connection" command, the computer doesn't do
> anything. It just returns to the # prompt.

That is what it is supposed to do.  It starts up the link and then returns
so you can do whatever you want to.  Try pinging www.debian.org or surfing
the Web or something.  If you have problems post your questions with _full_
details.  Typing 'plog' as root will tell you what ppp is up to.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)