Re: Wine 20000801

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 05:05:48PM -0400, Richard Black wrote:

> I have just upgrade to wine (my first upgrade of wine for some time).
> I've run into a couple of problems.  The first one was:
>
> shared libraries: libwine_unicode.so: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> which was readily fixed by adding /usr/lib/wine to my
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  However, after this, wine just hangs whenever
> I try and use it (it will print out the version number and help screen
> though)
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I had it, I added a line to my /etc/ld.so.conf file and reran ldconfig.
That worked fine.

I used to have big problems with the font cache, try going to your ~/.wine
directory and deleting the font cache files (it should be obvious).  I've
used newer ones since (0829 is the one I think I'm using right now, I get it
from www.hungrycats.org/~drunkard)

Let me know if it works.

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

Don't plan any hasty moves.  You'll be evicted soon anyway.