Re: .bashrc question

%% Debian Ghost <debian@ghost.net.cfw.com> writes:

  dg> Ghost here. Recently switched from ksh to bash and have a question.
  dg> When I open up an Eterm, it does not seem to be reading my .bashrc
  dg> properly.

  dg> Can anyone give bash advice?

The bash man page is _VERY_ comprehensive and well-written.

Run "man bash" and look at the section "INVOCATION".  You will learn
everything there this to know about bash invocations and lots of useful
info on shell invocation in general.  This is very valuable information;
don't skimp :).

In particular, look at the paragraphs discussing the invocation of bash
as "sh"; it sounds like that's how you have your login set up.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development