Grainy Gnome

I'm not sure what's causing this but my X settings looks grainy on Gnome (using
Sawmill for wm).  To be check if helix-gnome is supposed to look grainy I
booted to Win2K and went to helixcode's website.  There I saw what helix gnome
is really supposed to look and I like what I saw.  So my question is:

How can I remove the grainyness out of my X install?

I have 2.2 and installed helix-gnome from spidermonkey .deb files and I have a
3D Rage Pro AGP 2X vidcard with 8MB ram and using 1024x768 res and 32 bpp.

My resolution is no problem it's only this grainy texture that bothers me.

---

Who's watching the watchmen?

ICQ: 15096825