Re: Netscape 4.75 problems

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 06:20:04PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote
> On 05 Sep 2000, Dale L . Morris wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > I am currently running 4.73 Netscape from potato and it works
> > fine. But when I do the apt-get upgrade it ignores the netscape
> > packages for 4.75. Anyone know why?
> >

> [snip]
>

> How do you get to 4.73? I got 4.06 when I upgraded slink to potato.
> I have upgraded subsequently via proposed updates but this has not
> yielded 4.73.

Like the kernel, Netscape packages are version-specific; that is
to say that different versions are treated as separate packages,
not as different versions of the same package.

To install the latest statically-linked version of Netscape
Communicator, use something like

# apt-get install communicator-smotif-475

If you want to track the latest release, try

# apt-get install communicator

Communicator is a meta-package that depends on the latest
statically-linked release; that way if Communicator 4.76 makes
it out the door and gets packaged, you should get it along
with everything else when you go

# apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

John P.
--