RE: stupid question

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 01:51:54PM +0200, J.T. Wenting wrote:
> >
> > > /etc/profile becomes useless with a display manager...
> > >
> > Found that out last week... Added 'source /etc/profile' to
> .bashrc and it
> > works again.
>
> This doesn't solve the problem from the viewpoint of a system
> administrator
> which wants /etc/profile executed by _all_ its users...

If you are setting up a new system, just change the default .bashrc in
/etc/skell. If not, either change them all by hand (if there are but few
users), or send a message to users to change it themselves.

Jeroen T Wenting
jwenting@hornet.demon.nl
ICQ UIN #9191966

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine (Michael Stipe)