Re: logging interaction between minicom and modem

On Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:22:12 you wrote:
> Is there a way to log the interaction between minicom and modem
> similar to what chat sends to ppp.log and syslog?
>
> Ever since I upgraded to potato last weekend chat hasn't gotten along
> with my modem (external 57600 USR sportster)
>
> when I look in ppp.log or syslog I see things about chat sending it a
> AT or ATZ and expecting an OK and instead getting an alarm.

> -Alice (yes, we have some potato.... we have some potato today...)

I've had similar problems after upgrading to potato.

Used pppconfig both before and after, and my solution was to delete all the
config files (/etc/ppp/peers/*, /etc/chatscripts/*, are there any more?), possibly
purge and reinstall the necessary packages (memory is failing) and set up the
connections from scratch again.
Something seems to go wrong when using slink setup with potato pppconfig.
And that's my two cents.

Harald