Re: sendmail reports I/O problem

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 19:19:42 +0200, Sven Burgener writes:
>it's me again. Problem's solved.

that´s good ;-)

>On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:29:08AM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
>> i agree with robert, it must be a prob with your ISP.
>
>In fact you're correct. The problem was at our provider whose routers
>/ mail servers weren't playing like they intended them to.
>
>(Although I didn't know that they "proxy" our outgoing SMTP connects.
>Is this "usual"? Never seen it before. I can only see it in the headers.)

<rant>
No it isn´t, *good* ISPs deliver what you intend them to deliver: IP.

While it´s considerably easy to get the access concentrators to do all
kind of funky stuff (on-the-fly configurable stateful firewalls, really
*weird* QoS, NAT, port redirection, non-[guess,script]able portals, the
feature lists are _long_, see
 http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/03/products/5000.html
for an example) I would only accept a service where I have to
explicitly state what features (and with them: problems) I want to have.

It´s cleaner to do your billing based on bandwidth consumption or data
volume, but geez, that´s not good for marketing :/
</rant>

just my 0.02 $,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /