LILO-rific

Okay, I pretty much get LILO... Here's my deal: Windows in on hda1, Linux is
on hda3 (hda2 is a compaq backup, and hda4 is Linux Swap).  What I want to
have happen is that when I start my comp without any boot floppies or CDs, I
have the choice to load Win or Lin.  I would like Win as default, and I would
like a password protecting Win, although that's not so important.  What I've
got as my lilo.conf at this point (which I have not yet loaded with the lilo
command) is:

boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
other=/dev/hda1
        label=Win
        table=/dev/hda
        password=secret
image=/vmlinuz
    label=Linux
    read-only

I'm a little confused about boot being set, since shouldn't that maybe be
hda1, since windows MBR, er... I really don't get that part so well.  The
last question is: As of now I'm using a floppy to boot to Linux.  Otherwise
the system boots to Windows no questions asked, since I haven't touched the
MBR.  If I load lilo into the MBR, and I decide it's not working out for me,
is there a quick way to pull it back out?  Much thanks, bye!

-Chris