Re: IP forwarding configuration

Richard wrote:

> Hi to all.
>
> I'm trying to configure the kernel 2.2.16 to do ip forwarding. Currently, I have installed the 2.0.38 and there is no
> problem (I know, the configuration is different).
>
> I've done everything I think I have to:
>
> Check the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward value, that is 1.
>
> Check that there is no ipchains rules that deny ip forwarding.
>
> Check that the default policy for forwarding chain is ACCEPT.
>
> Still doesn't work.
>
> Did I miss anything?

doesn't look like it to me, can you include some diagnostic tests in
your posts like:

traceroute -n <some outside ip>

also show ipchains -L if you could and even route -n ive setup a few
boxes with ip forwarding and done exactly that and had no problems.

btw, as of this writing seems deepland.com is rejecting NS requests for
a MX record, you might want to check into that 12:40PM PST 09/04/00.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336