secure ftp

_____ is to ncftp, as ssh is to telnet.

Is there a secure method of ftp? I use ssh instead of telnet between my home and work computers, but figured that's not all that great if I use ftp just as much and it isn't as secure. I really like ncftp, though, so I would hate to give it up. What would be great is if there was some kind of secure wrapper (is that the right use of that term?) for ncftp. Can someone suggest something?

--

Brian J. Stults
Doctoral Candidate