Re: keyboardless operation

hi ya...

i think that a server running w/o kb and w/o mouse is a motherboard
problem or the kvm switch problem

- try a different motherboard.... if that works....magic...
	- i usually just use intel or asus or tyan mb...
	and even that is model dependent for which system
	boots from cold power up vs halting/waiting on the missing
	mouse and/or missing kb

- if all this is thru a "kvm hardware switch"...guess you need
  to put a mouse on each server or buy a more expensive kvm switch
	( sometimes the belkin kvm gives us problems...
	( cheaper kvm are worst...

- so leave the mouse disconnected on the kvm and everything is happy
	- plugging the mouse into a live system sometimes kills the server
	( locks up the keyboard and lan.... so there is no option but
	( to hit the reset/pwr switch

- sometimes using a different mouse allows you to plug and unplug
  the mouse into that particular motherboard but would fail on a different
  motherboard

c ya
alvin