magicfilter vs. apsfilter

I have installed lprng and now want to add an imputfilter. I have used
magicfilter in the past, but now apsfilter seems to be a popular choise.
I would like to know which is my best option.
My requirements seem simple, I have a laptop running Potato and Helix
Gnome. I need to print to the lpd system on my server and the occasional
stand alone printer when traveling. This means that I would like to be
able to change printer definitions quite easily.

Thanks a lot.

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>