Re: System time

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:31:04PM -0400, Thomas J. Hamman wrote:
> Occasionally (okay, frequently), the time on my computer gets randomly
> changed to something incorrect.  Unfortunately, I can't figure what's
> causing it because I never catch it when it happens--I just eventually
> notice that my time is off by several hours for no apparent reason.
>
> I'm using Woody, but the same thing (or at least something similar)
> happened to me when I was using Potato while it was frozen.
>
> Any ideas on what the problem could be?

I should add in that the change is usually by 5 hours, which is my
timezone's offset from GMT, so I've been wondering if maybe I
accidentally picked the wrong setting concerning the hardware clock
being set to GMT during installation.  I can't find where that setting
is configured though (and tzconfig doesn't include it).

Tom