re: System time

Sounds like the clock/system battery is dying.  Have you tried replacing that?

Bill

----- Forwarded message from "Thomas J. Hamman" <hawk3@eagnet.com> -----

Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 22:31:04 -0400
To: Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: System time
From: "Thomas J. Hamman" <hawk3@eagnet.com>

Occasionally (okay, frequently), the time on my computer gets randomly
changed to something incorrect.  Unfortunately, I can't figure what's
causing it because I never catch it when it happens--I just eventually
notice that my time is off by several hours for no apparent reason.

I'm using Woody, but the same thing (or at least something similar)
happened to me when I was using Potato while it was frozen.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Tom