CDROM and Soundcard

I just installed Debian and it woun't let me mount the CDROM. When I try and mount the CDROM it says "mount special device /dev/cdrom does not exist." Is their a way to apt-get install CDROM, or something of that nature. The last thing is I have a sound blaster AWE 64 and on your website the drivers only go up to AWE32. Will the AWE32 drivers work with the AWE 64 card? If not when will the drivers be out for the AWE 64 card. Thank you for your time.
JD