Re: Help with Installation...

Sounds like the installation went better than you would think.  After
all, you apparently have a running system that you can log into.  So now
it's a matter of fixing those broken packages and configuring X.  When
the installation asked you about your mouse, that might have only been
for notifying the kernel or gpm (console mouse handling).  If you don't
have a file /etc/X11/XF86Config you certainly didn't configure X.

You don't mention if you installed off of CD or over a network with
floppies, or whatever.  If you installed off of CD, you might've had to
change CD at some point to install those missing dependencies.

dpkg and apt are generally pretty robust.  Generally a failure to
install a package will not be critical to the system, though some
programs may fail to work.  I'd suggest running dselect again to try and
fix your packages.  For X, you'll need to install the proper X packages
and possibly xf86setup if you want to use the GUI XF86Setup program.

So, good news is you have a working system.  Bad news is you still have
a little work to do to get everything installed/configured to your
satisfaction.

BTW, /dev/mouse would just be a symbolic link to /dev/psaux in your
case.  Go ahead and make it if you like 'ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse'.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found