Bad memory (was: Linux crashes a lot)

Well, I ran the memtest86 program on my computer, and it looks like I have
some bad memory. My question is: Is it normal (safe) to have one error on a
stick of RAM?

I've got 96MB - a 64 and a 32. I ran the program with only one RAM card in
the computer at a time. The 32 had an error for EVERY address on test six,
so I'm pretty sure that means the RAM is defective. The 64 had one error on
test six when I checked it, but nothing else. I'm running the system with
only the 64 now, and I'll try to recreate the situation where Netscape
crashes the entire box this weekend. Hopefully, I won't have to replace the
64.

john