ppp problems

Hi, I'm not sure if I sent something to this effect already, I've tried a few
lists and I kind of lost track (does anyone ever use debian-isp?  I haven't
gotten one message from it yet) so I apologize if you've already heard this.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,
I've been having manymany problems with ppp :-)  My current setup, for some
basic info is that I'm running Debian 2.1, I've got kernel 2.2.12, and that's
about all I can give right now since I'm not sure what you'd need to know.
Anyway, I'm trying to connect to an ISP.  I've tried both MSN and AT&T
Worldnet, and both have the same problem.  They don't match the user name and
password and reject me, as if I'm getting them wrong.  I've used both wvdial,
and the pon command, after setting it up.  I have DNS IPs established.  Do I
need to put my username and id in quotations, or is there something I'm
missing?  It keeps insisting my username doesn't match my password or, "**Bad
Password", on all the different accounts I've tried.  Thanks much for help in
advance.

-Chris

--- End Message ---