Potato or Woody

I'm obviously a Debian newbie, although I've been using
Linux and FreeBSD for several years as a "home workstation".

I see all of the code names "Potato & Woody" mentioned in
a lot of the discussions.  Who is newer, Potato or Woody?
How do I know which version that I just got in the mail?

My "official" CD's indicate that I have Ver. 2.2_r0
uname -a displays:
 Linux Debian 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i686 unknown

--
---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA