Re: SSH Obsolete?

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 01:29:25AM -0500, Matt Stegman wrote:

> It suggests that I remove them.  I look around, and there's no other "ssh"
> package listed.  I don't see "ssh2" in the list, nor a new version of ssh.
> Why does dselect (or rather, apt) think ssh and irc are obsolete?  What's
> going on?

Some of the other people has helped you out, so...  Note that ssh and
ssh2 is not the same package with different versions, even though the
names might indicate it.  The package ssh contains OpenSSH, while
ssh2 contains ssh, the non-free one.

If you use the package from woody, you will see both ssh and ssh2, which
is at the same functionality level.

To update, point your sources.list to woody non-us.
Do "apt-get update". Then "apt-get install ssh".  It fixes dependencies and
installs the program. Very nice.

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes