Re: SSH Obsolete?

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> These are probably old (non-free) ssh packages.
>
> OpenSSH is the replacement package for SSH, you'll want to add a non-US
> archive site to your /etc/apt/sources file.

Package: ssh
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 502
Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
Source: openssh
Version: 1:1.2.3-9

This is OpenSSH (from non-us.debian.org).  Is there an OpenSSH2
package?  If so, it's not showing up in dselect.  In fact, other than this
package (which is marked obsolete) no other ssh packages show up: except
"qmtpssh", which is not what I'm looking for.

In /etc/apt/sources.list, I have

deb ftp://ftp.eecs.umich.edu/debian/ potato main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.eecs.umich.edu/debian/ potato main non-free contrib

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ potato main non-free contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ potato main non-free contrib

deb ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ potato main non-free
contrib
deb-src ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/debian/ potato main
non-free contrib

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US potato/non-US main contrib