Firewall and Security

Hi,

I have been looking at setting up a couple of Debian boxes at work to help
with our cable modem development and have the following specs for what I
need to do.

VPN on corporate network joining 2 sites.
Machine will be a gateway to corp intranet and internet.
Need Samba to support shared filespace for network of 10-15 NT machines at
each site, shared area for both sites to access as well.
DHCP/TOD server for cable modems, headend and CPE's.
Support ftp from NT desktop to corp dmz machine - use ssh ?
Support reflections X from NT to Sun servers - use ssh ?
Can have static IP's for NT boxes and Linux SNMP stations.

Eventually I would like to get all the NT machines running Linux but at the
moment we are in the final development/test phase so do not have the time,
also the development toolkit runs on either WinXX or Solaris :-(.

I have a Debian box at home and an NT box I can experiment with, also have a
Sun I can get working for reflections X experiments.

The basics are already running but I did not set it up and it needs redoing
as whoever set it up did not do it very well. We will have an old machine as
a mirror while the update is done, half of the facilities are not working as
is anyway (like Samba, X and half the tools and install are missing).

Here is a rough diagram:

          Site 1
Site 2

NT1    -------------                                            Corp
    ------------ NT1
:                              +--------
 Debian1 ---------------------------------- Debian 2 ---------+
NT15  -------------
                                                      ------------ NT15
                              |                 Samba
Samba                  |
                              |                 DHCP
DHCP                  |
                              |                 TOD
TOD                    |

   CM's---CPE
CPE---CM's

Thats it, any tips or suggestions ? I have got all the FAQ's down and read
most of them, time to Just Do IT I suppose.

Thanks,

Richard.