Re: Dream Machine (sort of...)

At 05.39 29/8/00 -0500, Ronald L. Chichester ha escrit:
>Does anyone have suggestions regarding what components would make up a
>good PC running Debian?  I'm looking for something around the $2,000
>range (without monitor).  I'll happily build the box myself.  What I'm
>looking for is a good match of CPU, motherboard, RAM, video, sound,
>etc.

>The important thing is that it work well with Debian.

	http://www.linuxdoc.org

	and check Hardware-HOWTO. Then you can look if there are any news in the
brand you'll perhaps purchase (for example, nice news in
http://www.kingston.com (Network stuff providers).

	In Catalonia he have a saying: to pay expensive is to pay cheap.

	As I read you want to build yourself a box, you're going in the right
direction, so you can choose what you truly want.

	Ah, don't buy an Intel with the "Spy Chip"!

	hth,

	Ignasi