Re: Dselect file list generation

May be you should try with

apt-get -s dselect-upgrade.

This should list both the new packages to be installed from scratch and the ones that need to be upgraded (together with the promise of configuring all of them).

Bye

Alessandro

   I ran dselect on my home box last night and it wanted
   to download 70Mb of files. This is ok given that I've
   been using potato for a while without downloading.

   Can I ask dselect (or dpkg) to generate a file list of
   required files and then use that file list to
   download the 70Mb at work, where we're on a fast connection?

   I can burn a cd at work and bring it home. Then I'll just
   do dpkg -i on the .deb files on the CDROM.

   Regards,
   Doug Eck