Re: Squid trouble with yahoo.com & yimg.com

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 09:58:02AM -0700, Account for Debian group mail wrote:

> We're having a slight problem with Squid (non-transparent) and Yahoo. When
> a browser (either one) is configured for the proxy server, the
> photographic images from the news pages on Yahoo do not load. Other GIF
> and JPG graphics are loaded normally, but the photographic images aren't
> coming through. Once you take out the proxy settings, all is fine. I've
> tried putting in yahoo and yimg for the stop list and no_cache ACL, but no
> luck.
>
> We've tried Squid 2.2.STABLE2 and have now updated the box to Debian 2.2
> (kernel 2.2.17) and put Squid 2.2.STABLE5 on this system, it still seems
> to be doing the same thing...
>
> Anyone else having this problem? The store.log and access.log seem to show
> the right info. This one has me puzzled.

Are you running a Junkbuster proxy, by any chance?

I happened to notice a few weeks back that Yahoo had taken to serving
its news images off of yimg, as well as their advertising content.  The
following are my yahoo/yimg Junkbuster rules.  May help you with your
problem.  I'm not sure all the paths are used, but only "p" appears to
be used for "press".

    # yimg.com -- everything but 'p'
    *.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a
    *.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/b