Cdrom install

I decided to check out the new installer and made a potato cdrom.
When I install it I reach the point when I need to install the
kernel and modules. I select cdrom and it finds the directory within
instmnt. I hit continue, and after a little scanning of the cd a message
appears telling me that it failed to mount the floppy. The next message
gives me a choice between /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1. Very strange. Why would it try
to mount the floppy. The hardware is the same (at least applicable
hardware) as that where i've done tons of installations. Makes no sense.
Any idea what this could be, or how to get around it.

thanks,

-n-