Re: Very strange system/sound problem

Robert Waldner wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:08:02 BST, Barry Samuels writes:
> >Mains electricity supply (although the computer is on an UPS).
> >Faulty component somewhere.
>
> s/faulty/not properly grounded/ ?
>
> A tip:
> - Does it happen with headphones also?
>   - Your speakers may have other grounding than your PC[1], so current may
>     build up under some circumstances.
>
> hth,
> &rw
>
> 1: I guess they aren´t powered via the UPS?
> --
> / Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
> \        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /
>
> --
Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but since it won't reboot
immediately after, only if you let it rest a while, sounds to me
very much like a heat-kind-of-thing.

Be absolutely certain that nothing is overheating. Maybe try
touching some of the chips in the box (*while also touching metal on
the box* -don't want nothin' dying from static!). Maybe something
gets too hot?
Just my 2c.
hth
Vitux