Problem Installing the Base System

Greetings all,

I am trying to install Linux's base system using the network and entering
the path as
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/base2_
2.tgz file in the Installing the Base System step of the installation.
However, I cannot connect with the http installation server.

First my computer has trouble resolving name.  I get the error:
"nt_http_fetchfile :: http.us.debian.org couldn't be resolved, Host name
lookup failure (h_errno=2)"

I've checked /etc/resolv.conf and it says:
nameserver 210.249.109.210
which is absolutely correct.

When I try substituting http.us.debian.org with it's ip address
(63.209.15.252) then I get the error "nf_http_fetchfile :: connect ::  No
route to host".

I've gone back a step in the installation process to Configure Network and
reentered network information.  I've triple checked my gateway ip and what
I've entered is correct.

I tried pinging from using other computers to the computer that I'm
installing now like so (ping 192.168.0.240).   Ping fails.  Pinging other
computer works fine.

I've made my soon-to-be Linux computer's IP ping itself and it pings fine.
However, when I ping any other computer that is on the LAN, (computers that
are connected to the same hub) then ping fails.

Is there something I'm overlooking here?

Someone please help!

Thanks,
Peter